A day or two ago, I had one of "those" days. Nothing bad, thank goodness. Just one of those days full of little annoyances that, by the end of the day, have become a great big steaming pile of bad mood! Thank you very much!As I was negotiating one of those annoyances, I thought to myself, "I'm going to write a post about everything I hate! And I'm starting with YOU, Mr. stupid-head driver who just honked at me because I didn't start moving two seconds before the light turned green!"
Well, perspective did return. (Unfortunately it was after MCG came home and got a nice hearty helping of mood.) It was probably around 11:30 or so when a brush of better mood swept in and I was starting to nod off to sleep.
And I thought to myself, "I'm going to write a post about everything I love, starting with YOU, MCG, who gently passes on the helping of mood, waits for sanity to return and then enjoys every morsel of what's actually good about me.
Some Things I Love
(in no particular order and not including all the many, many special people in my life)
Chai Tea, especially on a day like today when snow is lightly but determinedly falling. (Gotta go get a free one courtesy of my buds at Starbucks in honor of my birthday!)
Twin Tummy Tickles, where each of my hands gets a twin's tummy to tickle and, as their laughter fills my heart, I wonder how much longer I'll get to do this?
My BFFs, I hope they know who they are ... I not only enjoy and admire them beyond words, I need them. (MPS and CAS, you know, right?)
Talks with Mom, when we're both a little more light-hearted than life has allowed us lately and we can smile and joke and say things we wouldn't say to anyone else. (And I know that I'm her favorite ... sorry JMG!)
New Ones, I am enjoying the anticipation and excitement of our next generation of family and friends ... the little kids and babies who are here and those on their way.
Nightime Cuddles and Books, what can I say? Nuthin' beats being in bed, sandwiched between two warm kids and sharing a story. (As long as they vacate quickly when the book is done so that MCG can snuggle in.)
Teen Time, with CAG as we discuss this nutty life and start to riff on something silly, like when will the ugly, clumsy teen vampires show up in a book or movie and what will it be called, NoLight? (O.k., I take credit for the lame name!)
Cat Love, that I never thought I'd get, being a self-professed dog person and all. The purr and fur are actually quite wonderful.
Car Talk, when MCG and I get to be alone in the car as we run errands and we just talk.
Jelly Dancing, as our Jelly Bean dances around the house, I realize that this is just part of her -- nothing she learned -- and she's beautiful.
A Book in the Hand and One in the Bush, so to speak ... I like having something good to read and knowing that there's another one just waiting for me.
These are just a few of my favorite things! Oh yeah! I like that song, too!
Hope you have lots of things to love today!
No comments:
Post a Comment