Monday, February 21, 2011

Hoooo Never Learns?


Well, here I am ... at the sewing machine. I'm trying to live the crafty life once again with predictable results.

GMG went to a birthday party two weekends ago and got the cutest little homemade bean bag owl you've ever seen. CAG fell in love with it and decided we HAD to make some of our own. I got the pattern from the birthday girl's mom. She should've known better than to give me something so dangerous!

CAG cut out the pieces from fabric scraps and I've been sewing them together. Small may be super cute, but it sure isn't super older-amateur-sewer- (i.e. ME!) friendly! My trifocals don't focal enough. My fingers feel too big and fumbly for the tiny owl body space. And chasing the little plastic beads around makes me grumpy to the nth degree!

But between the two of us, CAG and I have managed to assemble a few owls. Meet Keegan, Brownie, Frost and Griffin (l-r, see above). We've still got a few to go.

This week I will also be sewing a Jedi robe and tunic as part of our family's donation to the kids' school's fund-raising auction. They will be part of a "More Force To You" set that includes a plastic lightsaber and DVDs of the Clone Wars Movie and both seasons of the Clone Wars TV series.

My brilliant idea is that a kid can watch the shows and then dress up as a Jedi to play ... or is it dress up as a Jedi to watch the shows? Works either way!! Versatile AND brilliant. Except that it requires me to sew. Sigh.

Hoooo never learns? 'Tis eye!

1 comment: