
Well. It arrived. No more Santa believers in our house. Using their razor sharp intelligence and swift deducting skills, GJG and GMG figured it out -- and we confirmed -- the Santa facts. Mixed feelings for me, that's for sure.
But I realized that the "knowledge" opens our family to different, fun conversations. The other night, CAG was reading "A Visit from St. Nicholas" a.k.a. "Twas the Night Before Christmas" aloud to us. When she read:
His eyes, how they twinkled! His dimples, how merry!
His cheeks were like roses; his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow.
...He had a broad face and a little round belly
That shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly.
I turned to the kids and said "I'm surprised you didn't guess who Santa was before this. That describes me perfectly." And they laughed. It was nice to share that moment of truth and humor with everyone in the family.
(Leveraging my natural gift of 7-year-old humor, I had GJG and GMG completely cracked up with my comment on the "Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash" stanza: That's what you get when you eat those sashes!)
Hey You Santa!
I give tremendous credit to all the Santas past, present ... and future. You know who you are! The loving family and people in our lives who make Christmas extra special while we are still Santa believers. It isn't always easy to make an experience as delicious and wonder-full as Christmas night and morning. But you do it!
Thanks to you, the spirit of Christmas -- of love, peace, giving, abundance and joy -- continues to be experienced, learned and enjoyed by the precious souls who believe because they don't have the answers, or even the questions, yet. It's all good.
I guess Santa time may move on. But, thankfully, Christmas stays in our hearts forever!
Hey You Santa!
I give tremendous credit to all the Santas past, present ... and future. You know who you are! The loving family and people in our lives who make Christmas extra special while we are still Santa believers. It isn't always easy to make an experience as delicious and wonder-full as Christmas night and morning. But you do it!
Thanks to you, the spirit of Christmas -- of love, peace, giving, abundance and joy -- continues to be experienced, learned and enjoyed by the precious souls who believe because they don't have the answers, or even the questions, yet. It's all good.
I guess Santa time may move on. But, thankfully, Christmas stays in our hearts forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment