Thursday, December 23, 2010

Star of Wonder




We don't have an official topper for our Christmas tree. Lots and lots of gorgeous ornaments, but no topper. And that's just the way we like it.

Many years ago, CAG made one of her own design for our tree. MCG and I loved it! And now it has become something of a tradition for her to create a tree topper. Each year we wonder what she will make ... an angel? a star?

Above is this year's topper, based on a drawing by GMG. The picture doesn't do it justice ... it is such an amazing work of paper art.

The kids have had this week off school. So we've been enjoying that lovely vacation tradition: sleeping in ... mostly. GJG is my early riser. Lucky for me, he's happy to cuddle in bed for a bit. And then he's willing to play by himself until GMG wakes up. Although, the last few days have been a little different.

With wrapped Christmas presents waiting under the tree, GJG has had something new to play with. Below are a few of the wonder-full things he's said as he runs between the family room and my bedroom. (The "Mom!" fills the hallway as he approaches. I don't know how the girls sleep through it!)

Mom! I think you're getting a can of soup!

Mom! I know why you don't want us in your closet. Because you don't wrap things for our stockings, right?

Mom! There's a tear in the paper on one of my gifts. I didn't do it!

Mom! There's a sure way to tell Legos. Just shake it.

Mom! If we clean up, do we get more presents?

Mom! I do so love you.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I wish you lots and lots of wonder to enjoy in 2011! And, again, thanks for sticking with me, reading my wonderings and blah-humbug on my blog. I appreciate your faith and support!






























1 comment: